Thursday, September 27, 2007

Last update... I hope!

I just got back from my weekly appointment. I’m now 70% effaced and dilated to almost 4. The doctor said my bag of water is bulging, so it could break at any time. My water broke with Sophie before the contractions started, so I’m hoping the same thing will happen this time. At least then it’s a sure thing that the baby is coming, no guessing! My doctor did a membrane sweep today (something that I didn’t have with the last pregnancy). We’re hoping that will get some contractions going and kick start labor. She scheduled me to come back Monday morning for a checkup (given I haven’t already had the baby), and will schedule an induction for Tuesday. I really don’t want to be induced so hopefully nature will take its course before then. The next post should have pictures of the new baby, finally!

1 comment:

pb said...

she is just beautiful !! Congratulations.
Pina