Saturday, May 17, 2008

New Equipment!

We have our new printing and cutting equipment, finally! Our basement is being taken over more and more as time goes by. When I first started all I had was one desktop computer that Jeremy and I shared, and one little printer. Soon after we got a second desktop because Jeremy and I both need to work at night and one computer just wasn't enough. So we purchased a second computer. Now Jeremy and I each have our own desk in the office. We also just added a computer in the shipping area so I don't have to bring the packages to the office to print shipping labels. I won't even get into how many printers we've been through. Over in what would be the family room (we will finish the basement once the business gets a home of its own), I've gone from having just one shelf of supplies to four shelves and two tables. And we've now added a digital press and cutter. The quality just keeps getting better and better. I must admit, I cringe a little when I look back at the invitations I first designed. Ouch!

I remember being so excited in the beginning about getting just a few orders a week. Now I get at least 40 orders a week, and sales continue to go up every month. I just recently did 1400 invitations for a hospital who was celebrating 5 years since the grand opening of their NICU. I did invitations last year for a fashion show in California. And I've done international orders for places like Ireland, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom and more. Crazy! So anyway, just wanted to share our news and show a few pictures.



Yes, the neat desk belongs to Jeremy. :)






No comments: