Friday, December 12, 2008

Sophie Says....

I wanted to write down some of the funny things Sophie says. Because I know I will most likely not remember them later. And they are just too cute and funny to not remember.

This one happened last Spring, but is still one of my favorites. Sophie recognizes landmarks now, so she knows where different stores and houses are. Everytime we turn on our street she says "Here's our neighborhood". Just preping the story a little. So one day the little girl, Emily, that lives behind us was in our backyard (with her mom) playing with Sophie and Sophie's sidewalk chalk. It was time to go in and make dinner and Emily wanted to take the chalk home. I said she could take a piece. Of course Sophie didn't like that Emily was taking a piece of her chalk. As Emily and her mom turned around to go home, Sophie says "Go home, this is my neighborhood!".

__________________________________________________________________________________

The other day Jeremy was getting ready to go for a run. As he's about to walk out the door, Sophie says "Look for cars!". Isn't it sweet how she watches out for her dad!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ava is going through a phase of screaming, and of course it's a really high pitched, annoying scream. Sophie likes to copy to her, and I'm always telling them not to scream inside, to use quiet voices. Normally I give Sophie time outs when she doesn't listen, and she gets confused as to why Ava keeps screaming and doesn't get a time out. So I explained to ther that Ava is too little for time outs and that when she gets a little bigger she will have them too.

Sophie says, "And I will keep putting her up there, and putting her up there, and tell her time starts over".

Yes, sometimes Sophie likes to get down from her time out chair and we have to put her back and start the time over. So that's where it came from. Too funny!

_________________________________________________________________________________

This one just happened this morning.

Sophie: I just washed my face.
Mom: How did you wash it?
Sophie: I got toilet paper wet.
Mom: Where did you get the water?
Sophie: From the toilet.

Oh, yes. This was a proud moment. I did of course explain to her that we never use toilet water, it's very very dirty. We only use water from the sink. Still funny though. Grandma Sally - I'm sure you are freaking out reading this one. And no, I cannot bleach Sophie's mouth. Love you! :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

And here are Sassy Sophie's new lines for when she is upset about not getting her way.

"Don't talk to me" (with arms crossed)

"I don't like you" (with hands on hips) Then I say, "Well I LOOOOVE you". Sophie says, "No, I don't love you". And we go back and forth. It eventually makes her laugh.

"Get out, I don't want you in here" (sitting on the floor in her room)

And when Sophie is pouty (sp?) I say, "Don't smile it will crack your face." It always makes her smile! That is the line my mom used on me when I was little.


She seems too young to be this sassy already!

I know there are more things I'm not thinking of. I will post more when I think of them. I just don't want to forget these precious moments.

2 comments:

Grandma Griswold said...

I can just hear her saying those things. She's such a delight to be with and we can't wait to be at her birthday party! Hugs to Ava & Sophia.

Melissa said...

What a cutie, that Sophie. I miss those girls of yours already. Makayla is also going through the screaming phase too and Austin also gets in screaming battles with her too.